- Litecoin’s main repository had 32 different contributors who made a total of 311 commits in the past year
- Of these 32 contributors, 31 of them, or 97%, are developers for Bitcoin Core and not Litecoin. These developers have been responsible for 94% of the commits
- The Litecoin Foundation currently employees two full-time developers for Litecoin; however, much of the development has been merging in bitcoin commits
by John Dantoni
7 hrs ago · 5 min read
The next cryptocurrency up to bat in our Knowing your developers series is Litecoin. With its recent gains in the market, it has surpassed EOS, the last asset we covered in this series, and currently sits as the fifth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap.
Litecoin was created by Charlie Lee, who previously worked for the popular cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].