- Coin Days Destroyed is a metric that gives more weight to litecoin transactions based on how long they’ve been held
- It is calculated by taking the number of litecoin in a transaction and multiplying by the number of days since those coins were last spent
- The Block’s research found that seven of the 10 largest CDD days happened in 2017 and 2018
by Steven Zheng
2 hrs ago · 2 min read
Coin Days Destroyed (CDD) is a concept introduced in a 2011 Bitcoin Forum thread. While the method was created to measure economic activity on Bitcoin, it could also be used on networks with a similar technological structure to Bitcoin like Litecoin.
To sum up our previous coverage of CDD in Bitcoin, instead of measuring the transaction volume, which can be manipulated by one individual moving the same coins back and forth multiple times, CDD gives more weight to coins that have captured more time prior to being moved.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].